Have you or someone you know experienced abuse by a member of our congregation?
If so, this is our commitment to you.
For someone who has been abused in childhood the prospect of speaking out is often a significant step towards healing and recovery.
You are not to blame for what happened to you and should not feel ashamed.
We want to offer you the opportunity to be listened to, to have your concerns taken seriously, dealt with sensitively and acted upon as necessary.
WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
The Salvatorian Safeguarding Office
The Salvatorians have a Safeguarding Office which reports to the Salvatorian Safeguarding Committee. The contact details for Jane Ferguson the Salvatorian Safeguarding Co-ordinator are:
A. Safeguarding Office, 191 High Road, Harrow Weald, HA3 5EE
P. 020 8427 1955
Alternative Sources of Help (Please check websites below for opening hours)
The Survivors Trust
T. 01788 550554
One in Four
Offers long-term one to one therapy for survivors of childhood sexual abuse and sexual violence
T. 0218697 2112
NAPAC (National Association for People Abused in Childhood)
0800 085 3330 or 0808 801 0331
ICAP (Immigrant Counselling & Psychotherapy)
020 7272 7906
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you ring the Safeguarding Office, ask to speak directly and in private with the Safeguarding Co-ordinator
- You may do this by phone or you can arrange to meet with the Safeguarding Co-ordinator at a mutually convenient location
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CONTACT US?
- You will be listed to and what you have to say will be taken seriously
- You will be dealt with in a confidential manner; however, in the interest of safeguarding others some matters may need to be referred to the statutory authorities.
- The Safeguarding Co-ordinator will discuss with you whether there is any immediate help or support you may need and will assist you in trying to access this. This includes accessing specialist services.
- If you agree, you will be contacted about the progress of any action discussed and agreed with you
- You will be informed about any outcome of work being done